Mazeh 9 is one of an identical pair of buildings located at Mazeh 9 and Mazeh 7, which used to be called the Twin House.
The Twin House was designed and built in a neoclassical style by the architect, Yosef Berlin, and the engineer, Richard Pasovsky, between 1922 and 1927. The house was originally designed for two brothers who were doctors and wanted to live in identical wings – resulting in the first twin building in the city.
Since then, the building has served as a residence, offices of the Engineers and Architects Association and an architecture academy.
The Twin House was restored in June 1999 by Amnon Bar Or Architects and the wings on Mazeh 7 and Mazeh 9 were in effect separated. Mazeh 7 was converted into the Chelouche Gallery for Contemporary Art and Mazeh 9 became the Young Adults Center of the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality.